Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keep them out of school


In the article of "keep them out of school" is published by Gazette. Quebec's new rule on handheld cellphones is banning cellphones in schools and when people drivig a car because it really bing us a lot of problems, such as stundents do not pay attention to their class, more interupt during the class, increasing car accidents and so on. According to this debate, using the cellphone in school really bing a lot of problems and it becomes worse. For example, a little girl dosen't know how to read the time without cellphone. Some teachers try to use cellphone make their course interesting. Even though there is many problems here, but it still feel hard to ban it bcause their parents. Henry David Thoreau gave us a good point for this problem: we have become the tools of our tools.

In my opinion, yes, ban those cellphones.
Keep them out of of school, we can do nothing for keeping it in school! In my memmory, i was used it in high school, at that time, cellpones don't have such more fouctions like today, i just use it to send messages to my friends and my classmates even we are in the same class and only one meter away. We send the message to each other during our class even the guy beside me. This is our new way to avoid the rule of "no speeking during the class". You see i am not showing how smart we are, i mean the cellphone in school have become a new tool to against our teacher, and it increats students to copy each other's answers. I use the cellpone for 8 years, it really addicte me a lot, without it, i don't know what should i do.

6 comments:

Yufi said...

I agree with Fox. Students are addicted by their cellphones. Use their cellphone to play games,to go internet,even send the test's answers to earch other!Also,cellphones are increasing car accident!

Nicole said...

Yeah,I was addicted to cell too. I do think every school has to have special rules about using cellphones in classes. But,cells have advantages as well. Let's say my Korea, education system is very strict and hard. So I had to stay at school until midnight and study all day long. When I went back to home, it's too late and dark. there was no one on the street so I used to call my friends to go home together. Cell is useful in emergency stuation too.

Ivy said...

Really ?? I prefer keep cellphone out of class, but not the school ...haha
不介意吧。。哈

FOX said...

to Ivy: never mind~

Loc said...

keeping cell phone out of school is fine, if it is secondary. but high school is impossible, it's teen's style. :)

sandra said...

Have you ever thought how dangerous a constant use of cell phones is? Remind me to bring you an article to class.